Thursday 28 September 2017

September - 10 month update - Skinny jeans

I bet after the August update you didn't think there would be another but there is.  My journey didn't quite end in August, it actually finished in September.  I was still under the physio until the end of the month with one final appointment left.  It was the quickest appointment I've had related to my tear.  I was happy.  She was happy.  I answered the "any (toilet) problems" question AGAIN.  I'm pretty sure if I did have any of those problems I wouldn't wait until I was asked about them.  Anyway, she discharged me so now I am finally done with everything.

In the nicest way, I hope I never see any of those consultants, doctors, nurses, midwives or physios again.  Of course, if I have another baby I will be referred back to my consultant as they'll want to keep an eye on me and make sure I have a C-section.  Whether I'll have another I don't know.  It's nice to know that I won't go through a third degree tear again but a C-section is still major surgery so I still expect to have 6 weeks recovery time.  It wouldn't be easy although recovery time would be much shorter than this time round.  There's a lot to consider.  In any case, for now, I'm happy to concentrate on being a fully healed "normal" Mum for now.

We had our first proper family holiday this month.  Myself, Mr T and Flynn.  We had a lovely week up in Derbyshire with proper family time and lots of fun and firsts for Flynn.  I wore skinny jeans several days in a row and barely noticed.  How things have changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment