Monday 31 July 2017

July - 8 month update - Big Brother is watching



Back to the physio this month to see how I'm improving.

Everytime I lay on a table with various medics examining me "down there" I always joke "who would have a baby?!'  But the thing is you don't know about all this stuff before you have one.  No-one talks about it.  I see why.  If everyone knew maybe people would stop having babies.  Sure, you know everyone is going to be down at the business end when you are in labour and you know the world and his wife will see you breastfeeding but it's checking on stitches etc that I hadn't expected.  The good thing is that post-birth, you sort of don't care anymore.  Everyone has seen it and if they haven't they've seen a million people like you before.  Nothing shocks them.  After my surgery post-birth, I had several staff members look at the surgeons work, turn their heads to one side in unison and then all agree he'd done a good job.  Talk about surreal moments!

Anyway, I was at the physio and she was checking on my pelvic floor which I'd been working on and it all felt surreal.  I'd taken Flynn with me and he was fast asleep in his pram.  There I am half naked, with a random woman examining me.  There is a reason children don't have any really early memories - Flynn would be damaged for life.  He woke up during my examination but didn't seem flustered.  So I lay there talking to him whilst doing pelvic floors - all in a days work for a multitasking Mum!

The good news is that the physio said I'm showing improvement.  Thank goodness!  It's taken long enough.  I just need to keep going and do 10 long exercises (10 seconds) and 10 short every night.  Perfectly doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment