Friday 30 June 2017

June - 7 month update - can I have a drum roll please...



So I've been working hard on my pelvic floors with the physio and using the coconut oil which all seems to be going well.  I have days now where I forget about it all and that's really nice (until the evening when I have to do exercises etc).

But all this may be for nothing if I have to have more surgery.  I'd be right back to square one again.  Mr T and I have a gut feeling that I won't.  Im not in pain and I'm having no (toilet) accidents - all good signs right?

All these thoughts flooded through my head as I sat in the hospital waiting for my scan.  I didn't know what to expect, what the results would be or when I would get them.  I saw a lovely doctor who put me right at ease.  Well, as at ease as you can be when confronted by the scanner she was going to put up "there".  She said "this will take about a minute".  I took her at her word and begin to count.  If she ran a second over I would not be impressed.  True to her word it was less than a minute and although uncomfortable wasn't actually painful.

I got myself dressed and she immediately began to talk me through what she had seen.  She pulled out a diagram - never a good sign in my books - and told me I did have some damage at "2 o'clock" but with good pelvic floor I could avoid any problems in future.  "So no surgery?" I asked.  She said no!  She said further surgery could actually make it worse but I would have to have a C-section if and when I had another child.  I could have hugged her.  If I do have another child I certainly wouldn't want to be worried about all this happening again.  She suggested I wait another couple of months before I went ahead with another pregnancy?  Had she read my notes??!!  "I'm only just getting over this one, I have no plans for another".  And with a very big thank you for the good news I left.  Having had potential surgery hanging over me since January it was good to know that I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment